We’re hiring! Part-Time Administrative Coordinator for a 6-month contract!
The Wellington West Business Improvement Area is looking for a highly organized, self-motivated list-maker with strong skills working with people, software, office finances, and written communications – plus a lot of energy and passion for your local community. We need you to help us keep our small Wellington Street West office organized, friendly, and responsive to our merchants and community members.
So, if you are looking for a fast-paced opportunity and like the idea of meeting and working with hundreds of local businesses and community leaders, this job is for you!
What we’re offering
- Contract: 6-month contract position with the possibility for extension.
- Part-time position: 2.5-3 days per week – negotiable days and times, but with most work falling during business hours.
- Office work: you’ll mainly work in person at our 1292 Wellington West office.
- Salary: $20-25/hr, depending on experience.
- Reporting to: Executive Director.
What you will gain experience with:
- Office administration: you’ll help us organize, staff, and coordinate our office at 1292 Wellington West. You’ll help us manage our team, event, and meeting calendars, organize files, and help us keep our member database up to date.
- Bookkeeping & Finance: you’ll help us process invoices, track our budget, manage contracts and documents, and deal with a range of suppliers from media to creative agencies, charity partners to landscapers.
- Merchant relations: you’ll act as a front-line resource for our 600+ member shops, restaurants, and offices. You’ll greet new merchants, serve members when they visit, field e-mail and phone questions, and help us with registration for merchant promotions and fundraisers.
- Event coordination: you’ll helping us juggle details and suppliers for community events, receptions, promotions, and consultations, as well as helping us organize larger events.
- Support for BIA office team: as part of our small BIA office team, we all wear many hats. So the successful candidate will also be expected to lend enthusiastic help to other staff with day-to-day tasks, occasionally fill staffing gaps, and/or assist with other BIA projects as needed.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Education: college certificate or university degree.
- Experience: strong track record with at least 3 years of work experience, or a combination of paid and volunteer service in comparable positions
- Financial or bookkeeping skills: we need a system thinker who is proactive and well organized. Spreadsheet software knowledge is a definite plus.
- Strong community knowledge: let us know about your connections and experience with Hintonburg and Wellington Village merchants, issues, and community partners.
- Solid writing and grammar skills are absolutely required.
- Comfort with digital platforms: let us know about any professional experience with CRM systems like HubSpot or SalesForce, other professional software skills, or familiarity with social media and web platforms.
- Bilingual skills could be helpful – but note that our office operates in English.
To apply: send résumé with e-mail cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure: Only PDF files please, which must include your name in the file name (i.e. “Resume.pdf” will be rejected)
Important note: Wellington West BIA is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of all genders, ethnicities, and social backgrounds. Thank you in advance for your interest, but we will only contact those who will be invited for interviews.