November and December are GIVING Season on Wellington West
As we approach the holidays, our minds turn more and more toward giving. But there are more than one kinds of giving, and more than one way to give. For the month of November, the stores, services, and restaurants of Wellington West are celebrating three kinds of giving.
November 1-11: people who give
- PARENTS: check the back cover of the latest Kitchissippi Times;
or Print the downloadable PDF.
- KIDS: Draw a picture of someone you know who really GIVES to our community.
- PARENTS: Share your child’s picture on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter with the hashtag #WelliWestGIVE
- We’ll make a draw from all the entries on November 12th for three $25 Gift Certificates from your choice of any business in Wellington West. You can choose what to do with them, but it would be lovely to hear that you gave them to the person you drew a picture of!
November 12-27: Pay It Forward
A special program from the Boutiques of Wellington Village.
How does it work?
- Pick up a tote bag on Nov 12th at the following participating shops: Bloomfields Flowers, [Clothes] Muriel Dombret, Flock Boutique, JV Studios, Kindred Shop & Studio, Twiss & Weber, Thyme & Again, Victoire, Viens Avec Moi, or The Wellington West BIA office. Think gently used items such as: winter coats, boots, scarves, touques, mittens, toiletries etc. that you could donate to neighbours in need. Visit the Cornerstone website or contact email@example.com (613-254-6584 ext.503) to find out more details of what items are needed.
- Fill Your Bag At Home. Between Nov 12th – 27th, visit each participating locations who will add to your bag. When you’re done shopping, drop off your bag by Nov 27th and we’ll donate it for you! Follow us on social media and use the #WelliWestPayItForward for any shout outs / photos you’d like to share about your experience!
November 20-30: Help Us Give a Special Gift to Daybreak Housing