We’re hiring a Marketing & Communications Manager!
Help us build this brand!
The Wellington West Business Improvement Area is looking for a highly organized and creative professional, with proven management skills and at least five years of professional experience, to lead our strategic marketing efforts and to help us further cultivate our unique brand voice.
If you’re a great communicator with a passion for your local community, who loves the idea of organizing marketing programs to serve our hundreds of member restaurants, retail shops, and small offices across Hintonburg and Wellington Village, please apply now!
We want to hear how your ideas and skills can help us attract new customers, animate our area, and tell compelling new stories through all kinds of social, Web, and traditional media channels.
What we’re offering:
- Full-time position: permanent, program manager-level
- Salary: $50,000 /a.
- Reports to: Executive Director, under oversight of Executive Committee of WWBIA Board.
- Vacation: 2 weeks paid vacation. Plus one additional paid week over December Holidays.
Things you should know:
- Management experience is a must: This is not an entry-level or “coordinator” job. We need you to be ready to manage budgets, strategic priorities, and a variety of contracted service providers on day one.
- New position: This is not a cookie-cutter spot; as the first person to fill this role, we need your entrepreneurial skills, passion, and leadership to help us to define and develop this position over the next few years.
- Small team; many hats: This is not a big company. As a small office of three employees working with an engaged Marketing Committee and Board, a growing pool of suppliers and contractors, and hundreds of businesses and community partners, we all need to fill many roles over the course of a year. The right candidate will do that with diplomacy, good humour, and tact.
What you will help us build:
- Marketing strategy & budget: Working with the Executive Director and Marketing Committee, you will be responsible for planning, budgeting, and reporting on all marketing and communications activities, to make sure our resources are being used most effectively to meet strategic goals set by the Board and the Marketing Committee.
- Creative Campaigns: You will plan, organize campaigns, and with creative suppliers, media partners, and our agency, ensure the production of amazing creative for all 6 of our marketing seasons.
- Content marketing: You will be in charge of the BIA’s “storytelling” efforts through content development, Web publishing, and direct marketing channels, including features for our Web site, social media and our Weekly Wednesday newsletter.
- Social Media: through a mix of hands-on and cooperative work with our members and staff, you’ll lead our social efforts, strategically focused toward building our audience of potential shoppers and influencers, and building a clear and unique tone of voice.
- Event management: you’ll be the key organizing force behind a number of small to mid-sized events every year, as well as our signature annual event TASTE of Wellington West in September.
- Transparency & member communication: you’ll be the key point of contact on all things marketing. You’ll be the key recruiter, partnership builder, and program organizer with our vast network of 550+ member shops, restaurants, offices, and property owners.
- Support for BIA office team: as part of our small BIA office team, the successful candidate will also be expected to lend their enthusiastic help to other members of the staff with day-to-day tasks, occasionally fill staffing gaps, and/or assist with other BIA projects as needed.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Five years of experience with a strong track record of demonstrated leadership through a series of similar positions and/or contracts.
- A list of successful projects, programs, and/or campaigns you have seen through to completion.
- A university degree, or a college diploma in relevant discipline(s).
- Excellent writing and grammar skills are absolutely required. Please provide links to samples of your work in your e-mail cover letter.
- Solid digital media and software user skills. Please highlight skills with office, creative, web publishing, social automation, and/or CRM tools.
- Deep knowledge of Ottawa and particularly the Hintonburg and Wellington Village neighbourhoods would be a tremendous asset.
- French language skills would be very helpful in addition to effortless fluency in English.
Apply before 5pm, Friday, November 22:
To apply: Send résumé with e-mail cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensure: Only PDF files please, which must include your name in the file name (i.e. “Resume.pdf” will be rejected)
Deadline: all applications must be received before end of day on Friday, November 22, 2019.
Wellington West BIA is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of all genders, ethnicities, and social backgrounds. Thank in advance for your interest, but we will only contact those who will be invited for interviews.