Marketing tips for BIA Member Businesses
As a business in Hintonburg or Wellington Village, you are automatically a member of the Wellington West Business Improvement Area. We work for you! So we wanted to connect and let you know how we can help your business.
Please contact us for help with:
- Marketing & Events – We brand the area as a shopping destination, carry out regular promotional campaigns, and organize and sponsor events.
- Advocacy and Member Services – We are the voice of area business, helping you deal with the city and community about policy, permits, crime, construction. We also do market research and host member networking and educational events.
- Beautification & Maintenance – We look after floral planters and street furniture, street banners, and we work with the City to keep our street neat and well-maintained.
- Graffiti Removal – We remove most area graffiti tags free of charge to you.
Check your Wellington West BIA Directory listing online:
As a BIA member business, you should already have a free listing. Please check to make sure your business and the right information appear there, including:
- Business name with 1-2 paragraphs describing your business.
- 1-10 keywords – so you can be found easily in a search.
- Your address / business phone / website.
- Photo of business exterior (we take care of this).
Sign up for E-mail updates and Member News:
We use these three tools to keep members and the public informed of what’s going on in Wellington West:
- WWBIA Member Alert Emails – our main tool for communicating important information with our business members. These alerts give you important updates on construction / crime / weather, reminders of holidays and other happenings, as well as BIA member events and programs.
- WWBIA Members-Only Facebook Group – a private group to allow BIA member businesses and property owners to communicate, dialogue, and collaborate with each other. Apply at the link below: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WelliBiz/
- Weekly Wednesday Newsletter Emails – our public e-newsletter is sent out every Wednesday around 5 p.m. Local businesses and residents find it a useful tool to follow events and news in our BIA with feature pieces, upcoming events, job postings etc. https://wellingtonwest.ca/signup/
Tell us about your events!
Be sure to send your event notices, job postings, media features our way so we can include them in our Weekly Wednesday newsletter, and talk about them on social media: email@example.com
Tag us on social media!
We also use the social media channels below to highlight events, and share community news and photos. We are also happy to like, retweet, and reply to a mix of our members’ social media posts, so be sure to a. tag our account names on all platforms, and b. use one of the hashtags below in your posts.
- Hashtags we actively follow:
#WellingtonWest – #WelliWest – #WellingtonVillage #Hintonburg
Be in touch!
- Visit our office: 1285 Wellington St. West, above the Cube Gallery (use the back door if the CUBE is closed).
- Call: 613-729-0363
- Email our staff: