Prix Fixe TASTE Menus 2020 Sept. 14 – October 10, 2020:
Information for participating restaurants and food vendors
For the third year, as part of our fall TASTE season, we invite our restaurants and food vendors to sign up to offer their own multi-course meal specials at fixed prices. The concept is similar to Toronto’s Summerlicious, but with a charitable twist: every meal sold helps you attract new customers AND support the Parkdale Food Centre!
What we do for participating restaurants and shops – free of charge:
- We design and print a custom Prix Fixe Menu card – suitable for slipping into a regular menu, displaying on a dining table or cash counter, or handing out on the sidewalk. We can also provide an electronic version for contactless service.
- We will feature you in our Prix Fixe Menu advertising – Paid ads for the Prix Fixe event will be placed on the back page and in a feature pullout in the September issue of Kitchissippi Times, as well as a full page ad in Edible Ottawa and paid digital advertising.
- Special promotions during your “feature week” – Every week from September 14 – October 10, we will feature a selection of new menus through all of our social media channels, our Weekly Wednesday e-mail newsletter, a dedicated Prix Fixe web page, Instagram promotions.
- Contests and campaigns – All merchants who participate in Prix Fixe will be included in special online campaigns and our wrap up thank you events, announcing the total donation made to the Parkdale Food Centre from Prix Fixe.
What we need before August 12:
We’ll ask you to provide the following three pieces of information:
- Choose a fixed price point: please let us know which fixed price $19, $29, $39, or $49 is best suited to your menu choices, clientele, and margins – with a fixed donation for each meal/bundle to Parkdale Food Centre. We only ask that the overall price of the combined dishes be somewhat lower than the price a diner would normally pay if they ordered the same items “a la carte”.
- Choose a promotional week: you may begin offering your promotion to customers as early as the launch of Prix Fixe on September 14, but we will be announcing new menus every Wednesday, which will allow us to coordinate a period to advertise and promote your Prix Fixe menu more heavily:
- Select a multi-course meal or product bundle: select three to four dishes that you would recommend as a single meal experience or one-time take-away purchase. Highlight whatever new, specialty, or unique seasonal menu items showcase your establishment in its best possible light.
- Before August 17: Complete the registration form and include a list of dishes/items and *brief* descriptions. (You may change these later)
Keeping track. While your PRIX FIXE MENU special is running, we only ask you to record a simple tally of the total number sold, so 1) we can report on the success in our BIA advertising, and 2) to calculate the donation your business will make to Parkdale Food Centre at the end of your promotion. (the fixed donation amount multiplied by the number of meals sold – eligible for charitable receipt from PFC).