There’s a lot to explore near Tunney’s Pasture LRT station.
Welcome to Ottawa’s most eclectic area: foodie, funky Wellington West.
With the new Ottawa LRT Line 1 now up and running, Tunney’s Pasture has become the rail system’s Western end and primary transfer station for commuters from Kanata, Nepean, Barrhaven, and Stittsville. So with more people than ever moving through the area you might be wondering, just what is there to do and see around Tunney’s?
Well good news! There’s much more than first meets the eye when emerging from the LRT. You’re very close to hundreds of shops and 80 restaurants of the thriving, exciting Wellington West business district – including the neighbourhoods of Hintonburg and Wellington Village.
Click here to see the full directory of businesses across Wellington West, from Island Park Drive to the O-Train Line 2 tracks.
But to start exploring closer to the LRT station:
Just cross Scott Street, head Southbound down Holland Avenue and within a couple of blocks you’re there!
The nearest cluster of businesses to Tunney’s Pasture are located along Holland Avenue and around Parkdale Market, less than a 10 minute walk from the LRT. In just a one block range around the park you will find something for everyone.
What you’ll find close by:
- The restaurants of Holland Avenue: Canvas Resto Bar Ect., The Foolish Chicken, Istanbouli Shawarma House, Yuzumi, Anna’s Thai Cuisine and The Soca Kitchen.
- The second longest running farmer’s market in Ottawa, in its 95th year, open 7 days a week: The Parkdale Market.
- A historic, family owned pub that’s hardly changed for the past 50 years: The Carleton Tavern.
- Retail shopping for clothes, gifts and furniture at: Nostalgia Warehouse, Flamingo Boutique and Lot 7.
- A street food market featuring: Yakko Takko, Piccolo Grande Gelato and Roasted Coffee