Valentine’s Day 2021
Wellington West’s HEART Season is all about heart-health in every way. Keeping up with your personal connections is just as important as fitness and eating right.
However you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day this year, the merchants in Hintonburg and Wellington Village have some great ideas to make it special.
The 3 artist-owners at A Curated Nest can’t help themselves! They spot current trends and rise to the making-task. From wall decor, to signs and ornaments, you’ll find locally-made quality gifts for everyone on your Valentine list.
Currently all of these items are found in the Seasonal section of their website under Home + Lifestyle. They offer shopping online with free porch pick up or local delivery.
Visit their website to pre-order the Valentine’s Dinner for takeout from Feb 12 – 14, for $80:
- SQUASH: Whipped Goat Cheese + Pickled Pearl Onion + Watercress + Walnut Gremolata + Sunchoke Chips
- DUCK TARTARE: Foie Mousse + Orange Ginger Gel + Sesame & Anise Crumble + Honey Brioche
- ALBACORE TUNA: Citrus Cure + Papaya Salad + Olive Soil + Ginger & Turmeric Emulsion
- RABBIT: Sprouted Le Puy Lentils + Fermented Carrot + Pistachio + Smoked Pork Belly + Mustard Seed + Winter Truffle
- CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE: Cheesecake Mousse + Compressed Moscato Strawberries + Feuilletine + Dark Chocolate Ganache
Chesterfield’s is now taking pre-orders for a special Valentine’s morning takeout brunch:
- Baked Potato Benny: twice baked potato stuffed with cheese curds & bacon, topped with mole braised beef, 2 poached eggs, sour dill holly, fresh chives and pickled onions
- Dessert: red velvet pancake topped with chocolate-covered strawberries, served with real maple syrup
- Cocktail: raspberry orange mimosa
Visit their website to check out their Valentine’s Day gift boxes, full of little luxuries to spoil someone special… maybe even yourself.
Flock Boutique has curbside pickup available on Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays, 10:00am – 1:00pm.
February 8 -14: for every bouquet of flowers and chocolate bar sold during the week leading up to Valentine’s Day, Herb and Spice will be donating $1 to the Parkdale Food Centre.
The HPH has a bunch of ways to help you share some love. Check out the Gifts & Collectibles page on their website for gift ideas.
They will also be open for takeout on Valentine’s Day with their regular menu:
- Brunch, 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Dinner, 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Or, check out their 3-course dinner for 2 for $85, now available on their website to pre-order:
- Choice of Appetizers: Fried Eggplant/Tomato, Basil & Garlic Bruschetta/Arugula; or Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese/Fresh Yellow Peppers/Arugula/Tomato Salad/Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Choice of Mains: Homemade Gnocchi/Ruby Red Beet Cream Sauce/Peas; or Ontario Pork Schnitzel/Carolina BBQ sauce/Warm Potato Salad/Apple Coleslaw
- Chocolate Brownie for 2
- Add a bottle of wine or beer & you are all set for a romantic night in!
Made with love, check out the bakery’s limited edition Valentine delicacies. Available in-store only, but check out their Instagram for the mouth-watering pictures:
- Heart-shaped Double Sesame Baguette
- Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Pecan and Raisin Chees Fondue Loaf
- Cheese Fondue Kit (choice between the Suissesse-traditional or the Brassicole-beer-based)
- Raspberry Temptation Cake (6 pcs)
- Raspberry Temptation Individual Cakes
- Red Velvet Cookies
Treat your special someone to a lovely Valentine’s Day breakfast.
The Valentine’s Kit is $30 and includes:
- two heart-shaped bagels
- house-made strawberry cream cheese
- two chocolate croissants
- two fresh-squeezed orange juices
- four Stash tea bags, and
- two locally-made Degas chocolate truffles.
Visit their website to order your Valentine’s Day Kit. Orders must be placed by Friday, Feb 12th at noon for Saturday pickup or delivery; and, by Saturday, Feb 13th for Sunday pick up or delivery. There will be a limited amount of kits available, so order soon!
And try the tastiest Bagelsammy of them all available on Valentine’s Weekend only, or while supplies last!
The Hunka Hunka Burnin’ Love has crispy tender General Tsao Pork Belly with an Asian slaw of red cabbage, bean sprouts, cucumber, sesame seeds and a lime/ginger dressing, all on a fresh Bagel! Truly delicious and satisfying.
Parlour has a special Valentine’s Day takeout or delivery menu, available to pre-order for 1 (Love Yourself), 2 (Deux Par Deux) or 4 (Family-sized Love) people.
And 25% of every Love Yourself order will be donated to the University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation for Heart Month.
Revelle Bridal is offering a perfect Valentine’s Day present for all the wonderful ladies in your life. The Mini BLVD box can be purchased on their website for $29 and includes:
- a light pink or dark pink velvet scrunchie,
- vegan, non-toxic nail polish by BKind, and
- your choice of the cutest earrings from BLVD by Revelle.
Items are packaged in a BLVD branded velvet pouch which is shipped to you or available for curbside pick-up at Revelle.
Their famous Heart Month cookies are back again this year to support the Ottawa Heart Institute. Buy them in-store or online all month long.
And, check out their website to make your choices and place your order for their customizable Valentine’s Day menu featuring hors d’oeuvres, appetizers, individual mains and dessert.
Or, choose something that perfectly suits any special person from the variety of Valentine’s Day gift boxes.
Give your body some self-care and love with Uppliva’s renewing & uplifting home spa experience, and take some much-deserved “me time”.
Until February 11, order online and use discount code SELFLOVE15, to get 15% OFF their Wildcrafted Spa Treatments & Wellness Products.
If you order an Uppliva Home Spa Package on or before February 5th, you will also receive a COMPLIMENTARY package of eight Foil Wrapped Chocolate Hearts made by Strawberry Blonde Bakery!
Tell us about any Wellington West merchants that are offering Valentine’s Day specials. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.