We’re hiring a Communications and Operations Assistant!
The Wellington West Business Improvement Area is seeking an organized, creative and passionate Communications and Operations Assistant, reporting to the Operations Manager.
About Wellington West Business Improvement Area
Wellington West BIA is a not-for-profit local board of businesses and community leaders in the Ottawa neighbourhoods of Hintonburg and Wellington Village. With our volunteer board of business leaders, property owners and our small staff, we work to build a community of communities where businesses can succeed.
Your responsibilities as Communications and Operations Assistant
- Draft, edit, and publish email communications, including weekly newsletters to general public and members of the BIA
- Actively create and curate content for all platforms
- Represent the BIA at local community events
- Perform door-to-door outreach and data collection with member merchants
- Coordinate with marketing vendors to ensure timely execution of digital and seasonal marketing efforts
- Assist in developing informational products, including brochures, fact sheets, toolkits, member updates, etc.
- Assist in maintaining the BIA’s website, blog, HubSpot CRM, and other online platforms
- Monitor and execute pay-per-click campaigns on Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Monitor and respond to member service request and public inquiries
Office Administration (40%)
- Provide exceptional customer service to visitors to the office during public open hours
- Assist with the organization of both internal and external events (logistics, catering)
- Manage archive of digital and physical files, including organization and maintenance
- Assist with invoice payment, financial recordkeeping, budget coding, and processing
- Manage office calendar and meeting logistics, including minutes and meeting notes
- Coordinate small projects as needed
Who you are
- 2 years of professional experience in a related field (required)
- Positive personality that loves engaging with the public
- Strong writing skills with the ability to craft effective emails and social media posts (required)
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills (required)
- Local to Ottawa or Gatineau (required)
- Photography and/or graphic design experience (preferred)
- Passion for local, especially the Wellington Village and Hintonburg areas
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (preferred)
What we’re offering
- Full-time, permanent position
- $45,000-$50,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Potential for compressed work week and flexible hours – let us know if these are of interest to you!
- Full benefits including dental, medical and vision coverage starting on day 1
- 2 weeks paid vacation, plus additional time off during December holiday closures
- Business casual attire and lots of other perks like an annual cell phone allowance, free coffee, great office location close to LRT and Ottawa’s best shopping and dining
- A friendly, professional work environment where we take time for fun, celebration and even a drink here and there
Send cover letter and résumé
To apply, please follow these instructions:
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org: include “COMMS/OPS ASSISTANT:” + your name in the subject line.
- Attach cover letter AND résumé as separate PDF files – or even better, as one single PDF. We won’t be storing your email, so if you have important information, make sure it’s in PDF.
- Important: make sure your name appears in the file name of every attachment (e.g. use a name like “Jane-Doe-CV.pdf” not “MyResume.pdf” or “BIA.pdf”).