We’re hiring! Administrative Assistant – Full Time Permanent
At the BIA office, we are sad to see our dedicated and talented colleague Athena leaving us for another job in a few weeks, but we wish her very well!
But at the same time, if you are looking for work, or know of a community minded superstar to recommend, it means we have an amazing opportunity for the right person.
Administrative Assistant – Full Time Permanent
The Wellington West Business Improvement Area, representing the 535+ businesses in the thriving Ottawa shopping areas of Hintonburg and Wellington Village, is seeking a highly organized, tech-savvy, people-person with solid writing skills and a passion for their local community. If you are looking for a fast-paced job in a small office and like the idea of meeting and working with hundreds of local small businesses and community leaders, this job is for you!
This position is a full time, permanent position offering $39,000 a year, with an ideal start date of September 10 (if possible).
You will gain experience with:
- Office administration: you’ll help us organize and run our office calendaring, event-promotion, file management, member directory, and customer relations systems.
- Event management: you’ll have fun and work hard helping us run lots of small events, receptions, promotions, and consultations, as well as being a key organizing force behind our signature annual event TASTE of Wellington West in September.
- Member communication: you’ll build a vast network of contacts as a front-line resource for our 550 member shops, restaurants, and offices. You’ll greet them when they visit, field e-mail or phone questions, and work with them to collect information and coordinate projects and promotional campaigns.
- Budget & Finance: you’ll build your Excel skills and gain insight into all aspects of how we track our budget, manage grants, process invoices, and deal with a range of suppliers from creative agencies to landscapers.
- Urban planning & local government: you’ll be involved with dozens of partnerships, projects, and consultations, and you’ll get to know intimately how the City of Ottawa works.
Qualifications and skills that will impress us:
- A university or college degree with a strong track record of work, training, and/or volunteering in similar positions
- Excellent writing and grammar skills are absolutely required. But additional journalism, marketing, design, web site skills will definitely be a bonus.
- Comfortable using social media platforms, experience creating and scheduling social media or content is an asset.
- A good understanding of budgeting and spreadsheet software.
- Deep knowledge of Hintonburg and Wellington Village neighbourhoods and retail landscape would be very helpful.
- Bilingual skills are helpful – but note that we do operate mainly in English.
DEADLINE: all applications must be received before 5 pm on September 4, 2018. Wellington West BIA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of all ethnic, gender, and social backgrounds. Thank in advance for your interest, but we will only contact those who will be invited for interviews.